The Long Valley Basketball Association will award (1) $750 scholarship to a senior male and (1) $750 scholarship to a senior female who has participated in the LVBA Recreation/Travel program for a minimum of 5 years and did not play on the WMC Varsity team as a senior.
To be eligible for the award candidates must:
1. Have played in the LVBA Recreation or Travel program for a minimum of 5 years.
2. Not played on the WMC Varsity team as a senior.
3. Be in good academic standing and have committed to attending a 2 or 4-year college or university.
4. Be a good representative of the town of Long Valley.
5. Complete the following essay to be submitted to the LVBA Board by May 18th .
Essay Topic: Please describe how your participation in the Long Valley Basketball Association has been of benefit to you in your growth as a person. Describe the values and life lessons that you have learned through participation in the great game of basketball and through playing in the Long Valley Basketball Association.
All candidates should submit an application and essay online by May 18th. Please fill out the form below and submit your application and essay. All essays will be reviewed anonymously by the LVBA Board. Awards will be given out at the WMC Senior Awards Night.