Long Valley Basketball Association
Code of Conduct
Youth sports programs play an important role in promoting the physical, social and emotional development of children. It is therefore essential for coaches and officials to encourage youth athletes to embrace the values of good sportsmanship. There is no better way to achieve this than by leading by example and demonstrating fairness, respect and self control.
I therefore pledge to be responsible for my words and actions while coaching and/or officiating in all Long Valley Basketball Association events and shall adhere to the following code of conduct:
- I will not engage - nor encourage my players to engage - in unsportsmanlike conduct with any other coach, official, player, parent or any attendee.
- I will not engage – nor encourage my players to engage - in any behavior which would endanger the health, safety or well being of any participant or attendee.
- I will not – nor permit my players to use drugs or alcohol at any LVBA event.
- I will not – nor encourage my players to engage in the use of profanity.
- I will not – nor encourage my players to engage in verbal or physical threats at any other coach, official, player, parent or any attendee.
- I will encourage my players to treat any other coach, official, player, parent or any attendee with respect.
- I will assume the responsibility that any youth official or officials are not subject to any misconduct by another coach, players, parents or any attendee at a LVBA event at which I am present and to provide a level of supervision so that all participants remain in a safe environment.
I hereby agree that if I fail to adhere to this code of conduct while coaching or officiating an LVBA event I may be relieved of my responsibilities as a volunteer of the LVBA on either a temporary or permanent basis. Further, I may be called to review any violations of this code of conduct by being brought in front of the LVBA discipline committee.
_______________________________ ____________________________ ________
Coaches Name Signature Date